Saturday, January 14, 2012

Gotta start somewhere

I think the title says it all.

I've got to start this blog somewhere, I've chosen here and now. The here is Sala Dan, on the island of Ko Lanta, Thailand and now is... well now. As you may or may not have read I have Cystic Fibrosis which means while I can travel now one day this probably wont be possible. Whilst I can I will and hope other people who have to struggle with a chronic illness are inspired to do the things that they dream of doing.

Almost anything is possible if you really want it to.

I will post as often as I can from either my phone or a pc, the trials and tribulations will recorded and applauded, I hope anyway.
This latest trip started just before Christmas 2011 and as I managed to find a travel insurance company that will cover me for up to 18 months I don't intend on returning to the homeland before that. With half a year supply of essential nebulised treatment and a supply of tablets I am confident that my goal, while some may scoff, doubt, or just plain believe I will fail, is more than achievable. Optimism is a fault I hope to work on as many things don't always pan out as you hoped.

I'll get back to you after a few days as I think I'm going to help out on a rubber tree farm for a week or so, so I'll let you know how that works out.


No comments:

Post a Comment